Mindfulness practice encourages a profound sensitivity to an ever-changing present. Committing to this sensitivity without plunging into overwhelm requires care, patience, and strength of heart. Join Jesse for a day of silence and meditation amidst the beauty of our North Kohala land where we will try our best to find security amidst the unexpected, beauty in the unknown, and peace within the undependable.
Jesse is resident teacher for Vipassana Hawai’i and lives on the Big Island. His teaching aims to inspire the skills, determination, and faith necessary to realize the deepest human freedom. As a teacher of Vipassana (insight) meditation within the broader context of the Theravadan Buddhist tradition he loves guiding students in practices such as the Brahma Viharas and the 4 Protections and is especially moved to help deepen their relationship to sila as an unending exploration of ethical integrity.
• Please bring your own lunch and bottle for drinking water.
• Please bring clothing appropriate for the changeable North Kohala weather.
• The first sitting starts at 9:00 so please arrive between 8:30 and 9:00.
• Registration fee of $15 covers basic administrative work and facility upkeep but does not provide income for the teacher.No one will be turned away for lack of funds - please inquire about our scholarships.
• Advance registration preferred: If you want to pay your fees on Saturday, just mark the "I'll mail in a check" box. You can also pay online.
• In accordance with the ancient tradition of dana or generosity the teachings are offered freely and Jesse lives only on donations from students and supporters. Please consider offering teacher dana as part of your retreat.
• Click here for location details and directions.
• For more information, please contact us.
*This event will end with the regular Sunday sitting at 4:00pm followed by a Dhamma talk by the teacher.