The Revolutionary Spirit of the Buddha’s Teaching
The Buddha understood the revolutionary potential of mindfulness as its capacity to completely uproot greed, hatred, and delusion and to overthrow their domination of the mind. This is the true promise of vipassana or insight meditation: a powerful, all-pervading peace realized through the patient and determined development of love and wisdom with every moment of our lives. Many contemporary approaches to mindfulness don’t fully appreciate this revolutionary capacity, and while often having real benefits in people’s lives they can lack a connection to the most profound teachings of the Buddha.
Join us for a day of meditation designed to (re)invigorate our practice with the spirit of radical transformation.
Jesse Maceo Vega-Frey is resident teacher for Vipassana Hawai’i and lives on the Big Island. His teaching aims to inspire the skills, determination, and faith necessary to realize the deepest human freedom.
• Please bring your own vegetarian (Zen center policy) lunch and drinking water.
• The first sitting starts at 9:00 so that walk-ons can register between 8:30 and 9:00.
• Registration fee of $25 covers the cost of the facility and travel expenses but does not provide income for the teacher.
• Advance registration preferred: If you want to pay your fees on Saturday, just mark the "I'll mail in a check" box. You can also pay online.
• In accordance with the ancient tradition of dana or generosity the teachings are offered freely and Jesse lives only on donations from students and supporters. Please consider offering teacher dana as part of your retreat.
• For more information, please contact us.
Cancellation policy for this retreat:
If you cancel less than six business days prior to the retreat, we cannot offer a refund. If you cancel before this six-day window, we can refund fees less $5.00. Thank you for your understanding.